Bobcat Auger - 30H
Digging Depth Challenge
Sometimes you need to dig deeper to prepare a footing or sump drain, reach stable subsoil or dig below the frost line. If an auger can't dig those extra inches in the hole, it might mean cutting corners or buying an auger extension. Bobcat augers provide design and geometry that helps do the job right. See how other brands compare.
With auger attachments, torque equals power. Greater torque makes it easier to break down rock, power through tree roots or clay, and take on frozen ground. All augers have published torque ratings, but performance on the jobsite matters most. The torque challenge video evaluates the difference.
How It Works
Direct drive models use a directly mounted hydraulic motor, while planetary models are powered by a gear drive system. The motor turns the output shaft, which is connected to an auger bit to drill into the ground.
- Direct drive augers are ideal for digging holes for posts, piers, poles, or trees.
- Planetary augers deliver the power and force needed to dig in anchor applications and through other extreme ground conditions including rock, shale, clay and frost.
- Added Digging Depth: Gain an extra foot of dig depth over competitive units because the entire drive unit follows the bit into the hole. Watch the digging depth challenge to see how other brands compare.
- Improved Torque: Bobcat® auger attachments deliver greater torque when it matters most. All augers have published torque ratings, but performance on the jobsite matters most. The torque challenge video evaluates the difference.
- Direct Drive: Provides optimum balance between torque and RPM. Other brands use a planetary auger drive with more moving parts, greater maintenance needs and higher operating costs. Watch the maintenance comparison video to see for yourself.
- Combination Hex and Round Output Shaft: A patented Bobcat technology, the combination output shaft allows for both hex and round bits to be utilized, maximizing parts versatility (models 15C and 30C).
- Versatile Mounting System: Easy and efficient for attaching the auger to the carrier. Quickly and easily switch to a variety of multiple carriers.
- Unique Knuckle Joint Design: allows the auger to dig vertical holes even if your Bobcat unit is on uneven terrain.
- Auger Bits and Teeth: A wide variety to match your digging conditions.
|Model||Auger - 30H|
|Operating Weight||217 lb|
|Dig Depth (without extensions)||62 in|
|Operating Weight (Less Bit)||370 lb|
⚠WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust (including diesel engine exhaust when equipped), lead and lead compounds, mineral oils, soots, phthalates, and carbon monoxide which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.