How An Auger Implement Works
The auger is a power take-off (PTO) driven implement, so it does not require its own engine or motor. The PTO transfers the power from the compact tractor engine to the auger. You simply attach the post-hole auger to the 3-point hitch and engage the PTO shaft to the tractor. It is important to know if your tractor offers independent PTO or live PTO when engaging your implement. Please read the owner’s manual thoroughly.
Things To Do With An Auger
- Post-hole augers are ideal for installing posts, planting trees or digging footings for new decks.
- Rugged Gearbox and 2-inch Diameter Output Shaft: Built to provide years of reliable service.
- Shear Bolt Protection: A shear bolt through the input shaft protects the gearbox and driveline from damage.
- Auger Bit Sizes: 6-inch, 9-inch and 12-inch auger bits available. Other auger bits are available from your dealer or the online parts catalog.
- Category 1 3-Point Hitch: A 3-point hitch is used to attach your rear-mounted post-hole auger implement. An adjustable top link is centered above two lower link arms, comprising the three points. The post- hole implement quickly and easily attaches with connecting pins at each point.
|Operating Weight||140 lb|
⚠WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust (including diesel engine exhaust when equipped), lead and lead compounds, mineral oils, soots, phthalates, and carbon monoxide which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.